Lanzarote Airport (ACE)
Driving Directions / Travel by Car
Lanzarote Airport (ACE) is situated just 5 km / 3 miles west of Arrecife, the capital town, and is easily accessible via the island's comprehensive road network. The main LZ-2 road serves the airport and is connected with a number of other major roads. Nearby towns and locations include Guime and San Bartolomé to the north, Masdache and Montana Blanca to the north-west, and Taús, Tias, Mesón to the east. Also worth noting, Puerto del Carmen is sited to the south-west of Lanzarote Airport and is a major resort, with superb beaches which stretch for around 6 km / 4 miles.
Important roads close to Lanzarote include the LZ-2, also known as the Carretera de Arrecife a Yaiza, which runs in an easterly - westerly direction and links a number of points of interest. The LZ-2 leads onto the Calle de José Antonio to the west, and in turn the Playa del Cable and central Arrecife. On the western side of Lanzarote Airport, the Carretera las Playas II runs alongside both the Carretera las Playas and the Avenida de las Playas, close to the coastline.
Directions to Lanzarote Airport (ACE) from the north of the island:
Directions to Lanzarote Airport (ACE) from the south of the island:
- From Orzola, take the LZ-204 southbound to the LZ-201
- Follow the LZ-201 southbound to El Cortijo before joining the LZ-10
- Follow the LZ-10 southbound until you reach the LZ-1
- Follow the LZ-1 to Arrecife, from where the airport is signposted
Directions to Lanzarote Airport (ACE) from the east of the island:
- From Playa Blanca, take the LZ-2 northbound, following signs for Arrecife
- The LZ-2 takes you directly to the airport
Directions to Lanzarote Airport (ACE) from the west of the island:
- The airport is located on the east coast, hence there are no roads situated east of it
- From destinations west, take the LZ-20 in a south-easterly direction, following signs for San Bartolomé
- From San Bartolomé, continue along the LZ-20 until it meets with the LZ-2, at which point you take a right turn
- Follow the LZ-2 to the airport
Airport routes are generally free from congestion, but you may experience hold-ups during busy periods. Always allow plenty of time in your travel schedule for unforeseen delays, such as road traffic.
Lanzarote Airport (ACE): Virtual Google Maps